Friday, June 05, 2015

A celebration...

Even though we'll still be working on some things throughout the summer (and boy, suddenly summer weather is HERE), today we finished up our 2nd grade year! Yippie! Though the transition of moving took up a lot of brain space, time, and energy, I still feel like our year studying "Saints and Fables" was overall a good homeschool year and definitely worthy of celebration! 
So, we got together with some friends and had a picnic in our neighbor's wonderful backyard (we are caring for their animals while they are out of town). Balloons and ice cream transform a picnic into a full blown celebration in my book:) 







Twins. Their closeness can make breaking into their world tricky as a teacher, but I wouldn't trade it. I'm mostly their "learning facilitator" anyway, doing the best I can to find resources to feed their passions. More on that later...right now we are gearing up for family movie night! Let the celebration continue! Jen



No comments: