Thursday, May 07, 2015

Newsies!!

I can still remember so clearly sitting in the theater when I was 12, totally enraptured with the movie on the screen. Newsies. That was the first of many, many, many, many times my friend Kristi and I watched that beloved musical. We had every line memorized, sang each song with gusto, had crushes on our favorite characters. Together with Annie, it was the soundtrack of my youth. 
So, you can imagine my delight when Sam and Amelia caught the Newsies fever while visiting our best buds in SLC! The movie soundtrack was quickly purchased and we are frequently belting out tunes in the car and house. Then I looked and found that the Broadway musical was coming to Dallas and snatched up some nosebleed tickets for the twins' birthday gift! 
This past weekend was the day and Shari and I took the kids and all SO enjoyed it!! What fun!! Sam was in full Newsies costume, and folks thought that was as darn cute as we did:) My kids are Newsies "super fans". Oh yeah!
All for now, Jen

2 comments:

ann.e said...

How fun!! He does look ADORable. (probably not the word he's looking for on his 8th birthday). I hate to say this, but I don't think I have seen the movie!!! sorry, will get on that.

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of sharing the things we love with our children. You are blessed and so are they. Sam does look adorable be still my heart.