Wednesday, April 15, 2015

To our Sammy, on your 8th birthday.

Dear Sam (Sammy Sam, Sambo, Sammers, Bub, Bubs),

 Happy Birthday sweet boy. Eight years old... I just can't believe it! But then, you do seem very *8* lately.  Hopefully when you are older and reading this it will help you remember what you were like at this super fun age...

 * You have always loved, and still very much do, all things nature. Just today you said, "Mom, we're having so much fun outside. And if we're having fun outside, that means I'm a happy kid!" You are loving our big yard to explore in and all of the turtles, caterpillars, June bugs, rolly pollies, squirrels, birds, and even an opossum you have gotten to see here! 

* You are a reading machine! Your current favorites are the Who Is/ Who Was series, the I Survived series, Hardy Boys, Beverly Cleary books, and non fiction books about nature, history, animals, or people. The library is a favorite spot. 

* You love sports! Currently your top love is cross country, then soccer, then basketball. We love to watch you play, Sam, soooo much. You give 100 % every practice and meet/game and it makes us so very proud! 

* You are so loyal, kind, and thoughtful... loving so deeply those who you let in. I feel so lucky to be your confidant these days...I will always treasure hearing you say, "Mom, can you come talk for a few minutes?" Oh yes, yes I can sweet boy. If I could capture your trust and desire to "tell all" to mama, oh I would!! 

I think this is going to be such a fabulous year, Sam. I can't wait to live it along side of you!! 
All my love,
Mama


Oh, and P.S. You LOVE Newsies right now. And, I mean, come on! How cute are you in your new Newsies outfit? We are going to see the Broadway Newsies show in a few weeks--yippie! 

1 comment:

ann.e said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sam!! Love hearing all your likes- we sure miss you still. I love that first picture especially, on the bike in the newsies outfit!!!