Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Twins.

They are cracking me up today.

At lunch Sam was reading aloud from a Lego story reader and he looked up and said, " Amelia, pretty soon I'm going to be able to read fairy tales to you." 
"Yes!" She replied. "Especially if mama gets sick or , you know, gets pregnant again, then YOU can read me fairy tales." Ahahaha:) I keep waiting for Sam moving forward in reading to inspire her to, but no. Just as he was content to sit and watch her zoom around to bring him toys when they were babes, she is content to listen to him read, especially if it means he will read her fairy tales!

Then, I went outside to take some brownies to them we had made and they said, "come see our chicken hotel, mom!" They were in the compost area where our old Christmas tree is. Oh my gracious. Sam says, " As you can see, we have snacks (cranberries from the compost), a flower bouquet (bowl of dandilions), a trash can (the chickens food bowl), and the hotel itself (the Christmas tree) with comfy nests for the chickens." I peered inside the hotel, and sure enough the chickens were both laying comfortably in their "nests"! 
Sam just ran inside and said, " we aren't coming inside, I'm just getting books to read to the chickens!" Oh my. They are just hysterical. Knock yourself out,guys. I'm just reading this lovely book while the little ones nap! 
All for now, Jen


1 comment:

abbyjoy said...

So sweet, Jenny! They will treasure these days and the memories you've recorded for them...feels like Hockley :). xo