Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Advent: Days 10 and 11.

These past couple of days have been "in the trenches" types of days with a sick and fussy babe and Jubilee's continued nap fiascos, etc. etc. Tonight Amelia and I snuck out and got hot chocolate and did some shopping for a cousin (in the basement of a lady selling her library of hundreds of children's books- this was my third trip there:). Getting out for a bit was rejuvenating and I came home and whipped the downstairs into shape!:) 
Anyway, just a note that today is my "rebirth day"- thanks to my mama for always remembering the day so long ago that I decided to follow Jesus. Was I about six, mom? I really do believe that often the faith of a child is so true and strong. Maybe because our minds and hearts are so much less cluttered at that age? I'm very thankful for His grace, for loving such a foolish girl as I am and for seeing me as His beloved child. What a gift! 
Here's a picture of the big kids decorating our gingerbread house...they did most of it while I was upstairs trying to set some nap time boundaries for Miss Jubilee. Exhausting! 
We are pretty much managing to keep up with each of our advent readings/stories etc. this year, and that's been fun. I'm also loving our Christmas cards and pictures rolling in. Though I don't do Christmas cards, I love getting them so much! If you need my address, let me know;). 
Goodnight friends, Jen

No comments: