Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Advent: Day 4

You know, I love the Scriptures. Why don't I dig into them more? Today's verse on the advent calendar was Matthew 11:28-30, " Come to me...and I will give you rest. My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  What an encouragement. Exchanging our burdens for His peace. Yes!
Today was a pretty simple home day. Our little neighbor Jack came over and we had a fun time getting a little table set up so they could play kitchen. Boy, they went to town!:) The big kids played and played outside. They are so big! Sigh. I mean, yay, but boo. 

We were supposed to go to the nature center today to a animal tracking program. I didn't want to drive in the weather, so we went on a tracking adventure of our own. To CVS pharmacy:) Along the we saw people tracks, dog tracks, cat tracks, stroller tracks and an unidentified vehicle (snow blower?) track. It was a pretty long walk and super, duper cold and so when we reached our exciting destination to get printer ink, I let the kids ride on one of those little coin gobbling truck rides outside the store. They could not stop giggling. It was so funny! I say they are so big, but it's times like that that remind me that they really are still little. Thank goodness:) We also switched our nature table/festivity stand over to winter and made a winter bird mobile. That was fun. 
And that's all folks. My energy surge from our walk has come to a screeching halt and I need to start the bedtime train rollin. Love to you! Jen




No comments: